Intermediate and Senior riders. This is for riders who are able to walk trot and canter independently. Riders must be off the lead.
*Tuesday 13th and Wednesday 14th 10am to 1pm – Full
*Tuesday 20th and Wednesday 21st 10am to 1pm – Full
*Tuesday 27th and Wednesday 28th 10am to 1pm – Full
*Tuesday 3rd and Wednesday 4th 10am to 1pm – Full
*Tuesday 10th and Wednesday 11th 10am to 1pm – Full
*Tuesday 17th and Wednesday 18th 10am to 1pm – Full
Cost of camp for the 2 days is €50 per child. We will require a non refundable deposit on each camp €20 per child. This will be accepted from now until the 30th of june. It is very important that deposits are put down to secure places. There will be a maximum number of 12 in each camp so that we can ensure all camp riders and staff are in a safe environment whilst covid remains an issue.
Camp will run for 3 hours, fun filled with riding lessons, grooming and tacking up, stable management, and fun and games. Please bring correct footwear for horse riding and all riding equipment. For those that own their own grooming kits please bring them to camp.
Pony Camps are fantastic learning experiences for all horse enthusiasts and here at Lios Lara our camps offer an added opportunity for any tourist visiting the area to make new friends whilst equine learning and having fun. We run various pony camps during the seasonal holidays, ranging from Beginner/Lead rein camps, Intermediate and Senior Camps, to Adults Camps.
Beginner Camps – average 3.5 to 4 hours for 2 days, usually with a morning and afternoon option.
Intermediate / Senior Camps – 3 full days including an intense 1 full day workshop for adults.
Camp Dates Summer 2021 for Junior and beginner riders – Click Here
Camp Dates Summer 2021 for Intermediate and Senior riders – Click Here
What to expect at camp:
Who thought learning could be so much fun as you’re taught to ride in beautiful Beara by fully qualified instructors! Matched to ponies of suitable standard and size (Camp Riders may also request certain ponies if available) all lessons are geared specifically towards varying groups and standards and held in a fun, relaxed and safe environment.
In Beginners, campers learn safety around horses, controlling their ponies, trotting and pony games. Advanced camp riders learn more technical riding on both flat and jump, all lessons offering the opportunity to play pony games. Trekking factored in during all camps.
Through the morning and afternoon, campers will have an opportunity to familiarise themselves with the care of horses and ponies in a safe environment. Stable management can be so much fun!
Adapted to standards and ages of the group, topics covered include:
• Fun with ponies , horse sense and grooming
• Day to day Care and feeding
• Hoof Care and Shoeing
• Tack & Saddlery
• Horse Health and basic first aid
Plus much more…
What to bring to Camp;
- Lios Lara has a selection of hats and boots that campers can borrow. If you have your own, wellies are ideal or any boot/shoe with a flat sole and definite small heel. No runners please.
- Riders are more than welcome to bring along their own equipment. A member of staff will check it first to make sure it is up to the latest safety standards.
- Wear comfy clothes; jodhpurs, leggings, fitted jeans, or tracksuits bottoms (not too baggy). Warm clothing is a must during winter and spring; in the event of the occasional downpour (!) rain jacket and rain trousers are recommended as well as a change of clothes. During summer months, you might want to pack sun screen.
- Bring a packed lunch and don’t forget plenty of drinks as this horse riding can be thirsty work!
- Any medication should be reported and given to a member of staff accompanied by detailed instructions written and signed by the guardian.